About Me

My photo
Im 41..married to Bob..we have 4 kids..Chris 25, Nick 20, Mitch 18 & Tori 15

Me Brain

Me Brain

Story continued..


..July 3rd,07 was the day it all began.. unbearable neck pain..so after many dr appointments..I finally was able to see the drs with the answers at The Chiari Institute in Long Island NY..I was dx with Arnold Chiari Malformation,Syringomyelia, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, and Tethered Cord Syndrome..I also found I have herniated discs,buldging discs, Degenerative joint disease in my entire neck,cervical lordosis, spinal stenosis, valvular regurgitation in the tricuspid and mitral valves..this all hit me like an impossible nightmare..but it was a life that I had to make a decision to embrace..I want other chiarians to know that although there are not many of us out there..we all need each other to cheer us on.. some of us have great family and friends to support us..but there are still many of us who dont.. I have a supportive husband.. who see's how the headaches stop me in my tracks..or the neck pain that puts me on the couch with the heating pad..numbness..earaches and many other obsticles I have to overcome each day..many of my family and friends dont understand how it is in my shoes..Im here to share MY Story , highs and lows, information I dig up and offer support to people who need it...

Thursday, February 26, 2009

The High Road


As you can see..this is not a beaten path. The high road is less traveled for a reason. That being said..its sometimes a lonely one.
Iam feeling a little better this week. My head is not screaming at me..which is a plus. But my neck & back are now beating me over the head. So I have decided to go back to acupuncture. My chiropractor is still out of commision recovering from his own back surgery. Of course I think he should have scheduled his when I had mine so he would be ready for me when I needed him...lol. He really does help me. I know that being adjusted is not good for us Edsers..but it sure does make life more managable.
Iam still awaiting for approvals for my sleep study & an MRI of my shoulder. I know once I get the shoulder mri..it is inevitable that my shoulder will be next. It is bothering me more & more everyday. As my chiropractor said ..a tear is not going to just get better on its own..especially when you are constantly pulling on it everyday. So Iam prepared to face round 4. I would rather get it over with before summer.
Iam also informing all my friends that Iam no longer affiliated with The Chairi's Angels Foundation. If you have any questions for the foundation..you need to contact the founder..Jeff Domenic..at ChiarisAngels@aol.com.
I also want to let everyone know that Iam planning another Chiari Get Together & would like to see who would be interested. Iam looking at April 5th. Please email me with any questions DeeHall1@aol.com .
Be Well

No comments:

Chiari Interview