About Me

My photo
Im 41..married to Bob..we have 4 kids..Chris 25, Nick 20, Mitch 18 & Tori 15

Me Brain

Me Brain

Story continued..


..July 3rd,07 was the day it all began.. unbearable neck pain..so after many dr appointments..I finally was able to see the drs with the answers at The Chiari Institute in Long Island NY..I was dx with Arnold Chiari Malformation,Syringomyelia, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, and Tethered Cord Syndrome..I also found I have herniated discs,buldging discs, Degenerative joint disease in my entire neck,cervical lordosis, spinal stenosis, valvular regurgitation in the tricuspid and mitral valves..this all hit me like an impossible nightmare..but it was a life that I had to make a decision to embrace..I want other chiarians to know that although there are not many of us out there..we all need each other to cheer us on.. some of us have great family and friends to support us..but there are still many of us who dont.. I have a supportive husband.. who see's how the headaches stop me in my tracks..or the neck pain that puts me on the couch with the heating pad..numbness..earaches and many other obsticles I have to overcome each day..many of my family and friends dont understand how it is in my shoes..Im here to share MY Story , highs and lows, information I dig up and offer support to people who need it...

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Getting Better

\-
Im so excited.. I went to the store yesterday and bought all these new gadgets for my car so I can see all the blind spots without having to turn around. I drove today!!! Not far..but its a start.



We did go to Octoberfest on Sunday at Hunter Mountain.This is my husband,Bob, my youngest son, Mitchel, and me on the ski lift. This is my favorite festival of the year. I was determined to go.
Im feeling better everyday. But Im listening to my body, when it says it is tired, I rest. Iam sleeping through the night. Which makes a big difference. Im finally off the steroids. But Iam still on alot of meds. The muscle relaxers are what makes the biggest difference. I can go almost 6-7 hours without having to take the pain meds.
I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to all the prayers and kind words of support through all of this. It makes a world of difference for me. Im not close with my parents, and they both live on opposite ends of the country (Florida & California). I was raised by my grandparents and they both passed away when I was a teenager. So it has been my husband and I for the last 22 years of my life. Iam very blessed to have such a wonderful man as my husband.
Be Well
Dee

2 comments:

lace1070 said...

You are my hero ~ seriously ~ I know from watching you and your recovery that getting on with the rest of my life after brain surgery is possible. Thanks for your kind words and friendship! Hugs ~ Lace

ps ~ I sooo wish we lived closer to one another ~ we could catch a movie every now and then :P

lzwitty said...

Thanks for your recent post! I think your pigtails look adorable! I bought one of those back-up mirrors, too. I feel like I'm driving an 18 wheeler or something with it but it helps! I hope you continue to get a little bit better every single day. Blessings to you and yours~Leslie

Chiari Interview