About Me

My photo
Im 41..married to Bob..we have 4 kids..Chris 25, Nick 20, Mitch 18 & Tori 15

Me Brain

Me Brain

Story continued..


..July 3rd,07 was the day it all began.. unbearable neck pain..so after many dr appointments..I finally was able to see the drs with the answers at The Chiari Institute in Long Island NY..I was dx with Arnold Chiari Malformation,Syringomyelia, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, and Tethered Cord Syndrome..I also found I have herniated discs,buldging discs, Degenerative joint disease in my entire neck,cervical lordosis, spinal stenosis, valvular regurgitation in the tricuspid and mitral valves..this all hit me like an impossible nightmare..but it was a life that I had to make a decision to embrace..I want other chiarians to know that although there are not many of us out there..we all need each other to cheer us on.. some of us have great family and friends to support us..but there are still many of us who dont.. I have a supportive husband.. who see's how the headaches stop me in my tracks..or the neck pain that puts me on the couch with the heating pad..numbness..earaches and many other obsticles I have to overcome each day..many of my family and friends dont understand how it is in my shoes..Im here to share MY Story , highs and lows, information I dig up and offer support to people who need it...

Friday, October 3, 2008

First off...

Thanks for the few that left comments,I can read them but I dont know much about this whole blogger thing so sorry for not replying.I talked to my mom a minute ago shes in pain but feeling good if that makes sense...They're moving her into a regular room and they took one IV out and removed her drain.I havent got to see her yet but my dads been back and forth as much as he can.He said that she looks good,but she always does cause shes beautiful and shes my mom:].Thanks to everyone praying for her and saying hi it really does mean alot to me,and im not one to share my feelings.I'll try to get on tomarrow to let everyone know more information.

3 comments:

LINDA said...

I wanted to wish your mom the best. I didn't know she was going to have surgery again. I hope she is feeling better. She is an inspiration to us all. Tell her i lost her number when my computer had to be reformatted, and that i would love to speak with her when she is feeling better.
From,
A fellow Chiarian, neighbor and hopefully a friend Linda

Debbie Loomis-Earles said...

New to your blog. Your mother is in great hands and I hope she recovers quickly. I have three friends at North Shore right know. One has been in for two months but getting to come home Sunday . Another family that just had revision decompression Yesterday and doing well. Wishing your mother a speedy recovery.

Chiari friends,
Debbie

Erika said...

Thanks for the updates! Please send your mom my best and I hope that she will be pain free and back home real soon. We have to plan an "I survived surgery" lunch.(When she is up for it of couse!)
Many healing hugs,
Erika

Chiari Interview